Xbox 360 Ushers in New Era in Entertainment With Five New, Exclusive Kinect Games by Legendary Japanese Creators
“Steel Battalion Heavy Armor*” (Capcom), “Rise of Nightmares*” (SEGA), “codename D*” (Grasshopper Manufacture), “Haunt*” (NanaOn-Sha) and “Project Draco*” (Grounding) unveiled for Kinect for Xbox 360 at Tokyo Game Show.
TOKYO — Sept. 16, 2010 — Today, Microsoft Corp. and the industry’s leading Japanese storytellers showcased 10 transformative games, including five exclusive titles for Kinect for Xbox 360, the controller-free entertainment experience releasing exclusively on Xbox 360 this November. Phil Spencer, corporate vice president for Microsoft Game Studios, and Takashi Sensui, general manager of the Home & Entertainment Division for Microsoft, delivered the Tokyo Game Show (TGS) keynote address alongside legendary Japanese creators including Goichi Suda, also known as “SUDA 51,” chief executive officer of Grasshopper Manufacture Inc.; Keiji Inafune, global head of production of Capcom and From Software; Yukio Futatsugi, game director for Grounding; Shigenobu Matsuyama, producer for “METAL GEAR SOLID: RISING*”; and Masaya Matsuura, president for NanaOn-Sha Co. Ltd., who appeared via video.
Capcom and SEGA delighted the TGS audience with two exclusive games for Kinect for Xbox 360: “Steel Battalion™ Heavy Armor,*” a unique battle experience, and the first-person horror adventure “Rise of Nightmares.*” Microsoft also previewed a new portfolio of Kinect for Xbox 360 games including eerie amusement-park thriller “codename D*” by Grasshopper Manufacture, 3-D adventure game “Project Draco*” by Grounding, and the chilling mystery “Haunt*” by NanaOn-Sha.
“Microsoft has never been more committed to Japanese developers, the heart of innovative gameplay, thrilling stories and iconic heroes,” Spencer said. “To date, Japanese games have already grossed more than $(USD) 2 billion on Xbox 360, and today’s announcements signal tremendous opportunities for Japanese developers to deliver the future of gaming with Kinect.”
“This is the biggest year in our history with controller-free entertainment, amazing blockbuster games and movies all coming to Xbox 360,” Sensui said. “With the talent of the best creators from Japan, we’re able to bring even more fresh and unexpected experiences to millions of people around the world.”
Five Exclusive Titles for Kinect for Xbox 360
Looking for adventure and a rush of adrenaline? Microsoft introduced five immersive, exclusive Kinect for Xbox 360 games available in 2011:
· “codename D*” (Grasshopper Manufacture, Microsoft Game Studios). From the famed makers of “killer7” and the “NO MORE HEROES” series comes “codename D” from SUDA 51 for Microsoft Game Studios. You must fight for your life to survive an evil amusement park filled with twisted and eerie creatures. With “codename D” for Kinect for Xbox 360, you are the controller as you unleash devastating effects to destroy enemies and objects.
· “Project Draco*” (Grounding, Microsoft Game Studios). The director of the cult hits “Phantom Dust” and “Panzer Dragoon,” game director Yukio Futatsugi, brings you an epic 3-D flying shooter. With the magic of Kinect for Xbox 360, you will be able to nurture and learn to communicate with your dragon as you develop its skills and train it as a partner in combat. Then join friends** on Xbox LIVE to feel the rush of flight as you take to the skies together and experience breathtaking vistas and engage in thrilling battles.
· “Haunt*” (NanaOn-Sha, Microsoft Game Studios). Gather friends and family to delve deep into a haunted house dripping with mystery — you’ll need every ounce of your wit and cunning if you hope to unravel the veil of rumors that hide its darkest secret. Dodge traps and outwit ghosts, ghouls and frights that lurk with glee around each and every corner. Take a deep breath and immerse yourself in “Haunt,” spooky fun for Kinect for Xbox 360.
· “Steel Battalion Heavy Armor*” (Capcom, From Software). This all-new game revives the fan-favorite “Steel Battalion” series. With the support of Microsoft, Capcom and From Software join forces to bring this groundbreaking collaborative project to Xbox 360. Manhattan, 2082: In a world where computers and almost all modern technology have been lost, the greatest nations of the world continue to battle for supremacy. The American army lands in New York to begin its first big offensive of a long ground war. Soldiers fire from the trenches as scorched bunkers belch black smoke. As comrades continually fall to the unrelenting crossfire of bullets, the Vertical Tanks make their relentless advance. Experience the battlefield as never before with Kinect for Xbox 360.
· “Rise of Nightmares*” (SEGA). “Rise of Nightmares” offers a spine-tingling horror experience that uses the innovative new controls of Kinect for Xbox 360 to give players the ultimate fright. Using their whole body, players will experience fear and tension as never before in this exclusive Kinect for Xbox 360 horror adventure.