Sydney, AUSTRALIA – August 25, 2011 – Square Enix Ltd., the publisher of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products , today announces DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION™ is now available at European and PAL retailers.
The return of one of the most revered video game franchises of all time, DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION is an action RPG that offers open-ended, hybrid gameplay. The game is playable today on the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Windows® PC platforms and Steam®.
“With the release of DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION, Eidos-Montreal has reached a huge milestone in the development and delivery of our first game,” said Stephane D’Astous, general manager of Eidos-Montreal. “We could not be more proud of DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION and are incredibly excited for gamers to finally be able to experience this captivating story and unique, unparalleled gameplay.”
Already receiving critical acclaim, including a score of 10 out of 10 from Official Xbox Magazine, DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION offers players multiple and vastly different ways to play. Challenging the foundations of gaming, this video game provides an immersive experience where every choice has a lasting consequence. DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION weaves a deeply emotive and captivating story, taking place in the year 2027– a time of great innovation in neuroprosthetics, but also a time of chaos, conspiracy and a new social divide. Gamers play as Adam Jensen, a man cybernetically augmented against his own choice, who finds himself in the middle of a mysterious, global plot to which he holds the key.
● A legend reborn: DEUS EX® makes its much‐anticipated return delivering players an unmatched gaming experience
● Ultimate fusion of action and role-play: A unique combination of action-packed close-quarter takedowns and intense shooting, offering a vast array of augmentations and upgrades for the many weapons at your disposal
● Multi-solution structure: Choose how to accomplish each mission using combat, hacking, stealth or social mode to create a customized experience to suit any gaming style.
● Choice and consequence: Live in a reactive world in which a multitude of approaches, paths, and tools are at the player’s disposal- each choice resulting in a consequence that affects the game dynamics and story
● Diverse customization: Engage in combat and challenges utilizing deep, specialized character augmentations and weapon upgrades
● Unique visual design: Become immersed in a Cyber Renaissance setting that masterfully blends near future and Renaissance era styles
● Explore the world: Traverse numerous locales across the globe — each with its own distinct art direction — in Adam’s search to uncover a worldwide conspiracy
DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION is available in standard and the limited Augmented and Collector’s editions. The Collector’s Edition features a bevy of content, including:
· Highly collectable Adam Jensen action figurine designed by Play Arts Kai
· Explosive Mission Pack: An entirely new mission with a special cameo appearance from one of the original DEUS EX characters
· Exclusive in-game weapons: Automatic Unlocking Device, M-28 Utility Remote-Detonated Explosive Device (UR-DED), Linebacker G-87 multiple shot grenade launcher, Huntsman Silverback Double-Barrel Shotgun, SERSR Longsword Whisperhead silenced sniper rifle
· 10,000 extra credits to buy or upgrade weapons
· DVD featuring a 44-minute “making of” special, 30-minute game soundtrack, motion-comic (adapted from DC Comics’ official series), E3 trailer and animated storyboard
· 40-page art book
For more information about Deus Ex: Human Revolution visit www.deusex.com and join the human revolution at http://www.facebook.com/DeusEx. To purchase officially licensed Deus Ex: Human Revolution clothing and accessories, check out: www.deusex-store.com
ALL ABOVE INFORMATION IN THIS POST IS FROM A PRESS RELEASE SENT OUT BY Square Enix Ltd.